Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Comeback... A second time around

After 5 days of feeling as bad as flu can make you feel, and with the addition of an eye and throat infection, I finally feel almost human again. Almost. Superman (4 yr old) went back to school this morning, so at least I've had some peace today. Mommy was home on study leave and really impressed me with her dedication - I hope she cruises her exam tomorrow. I had to tip-toe around a bit today, but it beats the hell out of blowing snotty noses all day!

It'll be back to work for me tomorrow (lots to catch up on!) and I need to start thinking about how I am going to get my training back on track. The Team Time Trial is out of the question - a 100% effort just a week after recovering from flu is not a good idea. So I need to look for an event that is a realistic date in the future, and plan my training around that. One thing I have learned over the years is it helps to have an objective when you train.

Dauphiné Libéré

As expected, Stage 1 ended in a sprint, with Spain's Alejandro Valverde taking the win, and big Thor Hushovd taking second. This was enough to give him the yellow jersey for the first time - well deserved for one of the nice guys in the bunch.
Another nice guy, American George Hincapie, of the High Road team, got a jump on the sprinters in Stage 2, and took the win ahead of Sébastien Chavanel. Hushovd came in 5th; enough for him to keep the yellow going into today's important 31 km time trial. Levi is in 3rd at 5 seconds - I wonder if he wants the yellow jersey back yet?

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment